By Alison Adam
Drawing from theories by way of Donna Haraway and Sherry Turkle, and utilizing instruments of feminist epistemology, Adam presents a sustained critique of AI which curiously re-enforces a few of the conventional criticisms of the AI undertaking. Artificial Knowing is an esential learn for these attracted to gender stories, technological know-how and expertise experiences, and philosophical debates in AI.
Read Online or Download Artificial Knowing: Gender and the Thinking Machine PDF
Best ai & semantics books
The learn of multi-agent platforms (MAS) makes a speciality of platforms during which many clever brokers engage with every one other. those brokers are thought of to be self reliant entities equivalent to software program courses or robots. Their interactions can both be cooperative (for instance as in an ant colony) or egocentric (as in a unfastened marketplace economy).
The e-book is a special attempt to symbolize numerous options designed to symbolize, improve, and empower multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional desktop studying examine in healthcare informatics. The booklet presents a different compendium of present and rising computing device studying paradigms for healthcare informatics and displays the range, complexity and the intensity and breath of this multi-disciplinary region.
This booklet offers chosen fault analysis and fault-tolerant keep watch over recommendations for non-linear platforms in a unified framework. specifically, ranging from complicated nation estimation innovations as much as smooth gentle computing, the discrete-time description of the procedure is hired half I of the publication offers unique examine effects relating to country estimation and neural networks for powerful fault prognosis.
This e-book explores harm progress and fracture techniques in cementitious, ceramic, polymer and steel matrix composites, integrating houses like stiffness and power with remark at under macroscopic scale. Advances in multiscale modelling and research pertain on to fabrics which both have quite a number suitable microstructural scales, like metals, or don't have a well-defined microstructure, like cementitious or ceramic composites.
- Human-Centric Decision-Making Models for Social Sciences (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- Advances in Unconventional Computing: Volume 2: Prototypes, Models and Algorithms (Emergence, Complexity and Computation)
- Computational Intelligence: International Joint Conference, IJCCI 2015 Lisbon, Portugal, November 12-14, 2015, Revised Selected Papers (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- Fuzzy Logic: An Introductory Course for Engineering Students (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing)
- Evolutionary Computation Techniques: A Comparative Perspective (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
Extra info for Artificial Knowing: Gender and the Thinking Machine
Artificial Knowing: Gender and the Thinking Machine by Alison Adam