By Timothy Haab,John Whitehead
Accessible to scholars and practitioners with out a complicated measure in environmental economics, this crucial reference paintings pinpoints the position of the financial system in either growing and fixing the various world's so much urgent environmental challenges.
• presents stand-alone, easy-to-understand, politically impartial, and factually pushed entries via prime specialists on the entire significant topics and subject matters in environmental and ordinary source economics
• offers a usable framework for readers with no a sophisticated measure within the topic to appreciate debates within the public discussion board on environmental and typical source economics
• provides the main accomplished evaluation of 1 of the fastest-growing subdisciplines of economics
By Robert Roberts,Scott Hammond,Valerie Sulfaro
The publication offers a accomplished dialogue of the key matters and occasions surrounding all American presidential elections, from the earliest years of the Republic during the crusade of 2008.
By Oliver Leaman
The major philosophical tendencies and thinkers in every one geographical quarter are featured, with an emphasis on endtemporary advancements and hobbies. The A-Z dependent encyclopedia emphasizes that Asian philosophy isn't only an old kind of inspiration yet that it's a dwelling philosophy, with roots some time past, and in addition a effective and animate presence this day. This interprets into the reciprocal alternate of theories among japanese and Western considering, for instance of latest colleges of proposal resembling orientalism. Requiring no previous wisdom of philosophy, faith or Asian cultures, this ebook is key interpreting for college students, lecturers and the person who needs to achieve an knowing of the philosophical foundation to Asian cultural systems.
By Scott C. Martin
By William V. Spanos
By Philip M. Peek,Kwesi Yankah
By Eric Delson,Ian Tattersall,John Van Couvering,Alison S. Brooks
By Lynne Cherry,Juliana Texley,Suzanne E. Lyons
Use this handbook to coach your scholars the technology and fact of weather swap, whereas empowering them to do so of their personal groups. during this better half to the remarkable Young Voices for the Planet film sequence, you’ll find:
- Inspiring precise tales of low- or no-cost youth-led initiatives that deal with quite a lot of environmental issues
- Practical advice for uplifting scholars to strengthen tasks suitable to their very own groups, together with making plans, financing, defense, and liability
- Many inventive and replicable how you can decrease CO2 emissions, in addition to connections to the NGSS
To view the flicks, stopover at www.youngvoicesonclimatechange.com.
By Philippe Burrin,Ilse Strasmann
Wie und zu welchem Zeitpunkt entschlossen Hitler und seine Helfer sich, die Juden in Europa nicht nur zu verfolgen und zur Auswanderung zu zwingen, sondern in ihrer Gesamtheit zu töten? Plante Hitler dies von Anfang an oder warfare der Holocaust das Ergebnis einer Radikalisierung der Verfolgungspolitik unter dem Eindruck des steckenbleibenden Rußlandfeldzugs?
Der Genfer Historiker Philippe Burrin zeigt, daß Hitler von Anfang an plante, die Juden zu vernichten, falls Deutschland je wieder in eine Lage wie 1918 kommen sollte. So gab er im September/Oktober 1941 den Befehl zur Ermordung aller Juden in seinem Herrschaftsbereich.
(Dieser textual content bezieht sich auf eine frühere Ausgabe.)
By Thomas M. Leonard,Jürgen Buchenau,Rodney Longley,Graeme Mount
No earlier paintings has coated the net of vital gamers, locations, and occasions that experience formed the historical past of the U.S.’ kinfolk with its buddies to the south. From the Monroe Doctrine via today’s tensions with Latin America’s new leftist governments, this heritage is wealthy in case reviews of diplomatic, fiscal, and armed forces cooperation and contentiousness.
Encyclopedia of U.S.-Latin American Relations is a complete, three-volume, A-to-Z reference that includes greater than 800 entries detailing the political, fiscal, and armed forces interconnections among the us and the nations of Latin the United States, together with Mexico and the countries in primary the US, the Caribbean, and South America.
- Each state and its courting with the United States
- Key politicians, diplomats, and revolutionaries in each one country
- Wars, conflicts, and different events
- Policies and treaties
- Organizations primary to the political and diplomatic heritage of the western hemisphere
Key themes coated include:
- Coups and terrorist organizations
- U.S. army interventions within the Caribbean
- Mexican-American War
- The chilly struggle, communism, and dictators
- The battle on medicinal drugs in Latin America
- Panama Canal
- Embargo on Cuba
- Pan-Americanism and Inter-American conferences
- The position of commodities like espresso, bananas, copper, and oil
- “Big Stick” and stable Neighbor policies
- Impact of faith in U.S.-Latin American relations
- Neoliberal financial improvement model
- U.S. Presidents from John Quincy Adams to Barack Obama
- Latin American leaders from Simon Bolivar to Hugo Chavez
With expansive insurance of greater than two hundred years of significant and interesting occasions, this new paintings will function a huge addition to the collections of educational, public, and faculty libraries serving scholars and researchers attracted to U.S. heritage and international relations, Latin American stories, diplomacy, and present events.