By Theodore G. Van Raalte
1. advent, through Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
2. Eschatology: The Letter and the Spirit in moment Corinthians 3:6–18, by way of Dr. Lane Tipton
3. discovering Eschatology within the previous testomony: The Psalms as for instance, Dr. Jannes Smith
4. operating Politically and Socially in Anticipation of Christ’s Coming, by means of Dr. Cornelis Van Dam
5. In among and Intermediate: residing in Heaven’s Glory, through Dr. Theodore Van Raalte
6. Is Hell out of date? where of everlasting Punishment in Preaching this present day, through Dr. Jason Van Vliet
7. do we fairly continue to exist a brand new Earth?, via Dr. Gerhard Visscher
8. till He Comes: Eschatological features of Reformed Worship, via Dr. Arjan de Visser.
"This quantity is an exegetically trustworthy, theologically sound, and virtually proper sequence of essays, written from a redemptive-historical Reformed standpoint, on what Scripture teaches approximately 'the final things.' students, ministers, and all considerate Christians who wish to stay on this planet yet now not of the area will locate it edifying, illuminating, and accessible."
--John W. Cooper, Professor of Philosophical Theology, Calvin Theological Seminary
Theodore G. Van Raalte is Professor of Ecclesiology on the Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary in Hamilton, Ontario. he's the coauthor (with Jason Zuidema) of Early French Reform (2011) and the writer of assorted essays and articles.
Read Online or Download As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things PDF
Similar christian theology books
This publication cuts new flooring in bringing jointly conventional Christian theological views on fact and truth with a modern philosophical view of where of language in either divine and wordly truth. Patterson seeks to reconcile the necessities that Christian theology should still either take account of postmodern insights about the inextricability of language and international in addition to taking God's fact to be absolute for all fact.
Jesus walked on water. He healed a blind guy. He became water into wine. greater than simply monitors of his divine strength, Jesus’s miracles symbolize whatever deeper—they’re home windows into God’s grand tale of redemption, foreshadowing the good miracle of Christ’s loss of life and resurrection. via explaining the that means and value of all 26 miracles recorded within the Gospel of Matthew, New testomony pupil Vern Poythress indicates us their relevance for our lives this present day.
Are we at the verge of an excellent apostasy within the church? “For a time is coming while humans will now not hearken to sound and healthy instructing. they'll persist with their very own wants and should search for academics who will inform them no matter what their itching ears are looking to pay attention. they'll reject the reality and chase after myths.
Revised and up to date, with a brand new bankruptcy at the refugee challenge. Welcome to front traces. in all places we flip, conflict traces are being drawn—traditional marriage vs. homosexual marriage, pro-life vs. pro-choice, own freedom vs. governmental safeguard. possible in a single day, tradition has shifted to the purpose the place correct and incorrect aren't any longer measured by way of common fact yet by means of well known opinion.
- The Promises of God
- The Coming: The Pursuit of Peace: The Beginnings of a New World
- How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It
- End Game: Prophecy Today, What You Need to Know
- The Love that Will Not Let You Go: Being Christian is Not What You Think
Additional resources for As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things
As You See the Day Approaching: Reformed Perspectives on the Last Things by Theodore G. Van Raalte