By Jeffrey J. Kripal,Andrea R. Jain,Erin Prophet,Ata Anzali
Comparing Religions is a next-generation textbook which expertly publications, conjures up, and demanding situations those that desire to imagine heavily approximately non secular pluralism within the sleek world.
- A distinctive ebook educating the paintings and perform of evaluating religions
- Draws on a variety of non secular traditions to illustrate the complexity and gear of comparative practices
- Provides either a heritage and figuring out of comparative perform and a chain of thematic chapters exhibiting how in charge perform is done
- A 3 half constitution offers readers with a map and powerful procedure in which to know this tough yet attention-grabbing approach
- The writer is a number one educational, author, and exponent of comparative practice
- Contains a variety of studying good points, together with bankruptcy outlines, summaries, toolkits, dialogue questions, a thesaurus, and plenty of images
- Supported by means of a better half site (available on booklet) at www.wiley.com/go/kripal, including info on person spiritual traditions, hyperlinks of alternative websites, an interview with the writer, studying positive aspects, and lots more and plenty more
Read or Download Comparing Religions PDF
Similar religious studies books
A unmarried guy stands in the back of the best deception in heritage. Charles Darwin's principles nonetheless penetrate each point of our tradition, together with technology, faith, and schooling. And whereas a lot has been made from his contribution to the evolutionary speculation, little has been publicized concerning the darkish aspect of the fellow himself and the way this can have impacted the standard and legitimacy of his examine.
Yoga sessions and Zen meditation, New-Age retreats and nature mysticism—all are a part of an ongoing non secular experimentation that has strangely deep roots in American heritage. Tracing out the country’s Transcendentalist and cosmopolitan spiritual impulses during the last centuries, stressed Souls explores America’s abiding romance with spirituality as religion’s significant other.
The entire Enemy explores the main radicalized sorts of enmity, attempting to get to the bottom of a few of its ancient and modern expressions. ranging from the idea that one in every of modernity's constitutive values is non-violence, the ebook explores how non-violence, or quite the making of an international freed from violence, turns into a reason for violence, in a few cases even severe violence and totalitarian terror.
This ebook seeks to discover ancient adjustments within the lifeworld of the Mi'kmaq Indians of jap Canada. The Mi'kmaq tradition hero Kluskap serves as a key personality in discussing concerns reminiscent of traditions, altering conceptions of land, and human-environmental kinfolk. so as to not depict Mi'kmaq tradition as undying, very important sessions in its background are tested.
- How Jesus Became Christian: The Early Christians And The Transformation Of A Jewish Teacher Into The Son Of God
- Das Konfliktpotential der Religion (German Edition)
- New Age Lies Exposed
- The Cracking of the Bible: The Divine Pattern Revealed
- The Rise and Fall of Anglo-America
Extra info for Comparing Religions
Comparing Religions by Jeffrey J. Kripal,Andrea R. Jain,Erin Prophet,Ata Anzali