By Lee Banville
This encyclopedia presents a real-world advisor to American political journalism and information insurance within the twenty first century, from the main influential media enterprises and pundits to the controversies and practices shaping modern day political journalism.
• bargains neutral and aim insurance of the most important and such a lot influential contributors and corporations in American political media
• Explores the ways that public officers and political activists try to spin information coverage
• stocks in-depth surveys of hot-button concerns in regards to the perform of either journalism and politics within the smooth era
• contains hard-hitting basic files from recognized political and media figures that offer views on what occurs whilst the worlds of reports and politics collide
• Pulls from journalistic and scholarly paintings in addition to firsthand money owed from biographies and legit statements to light up the intersection of media and politics for readers
Read or Download Covering American Politics in the 21st Century: An Encyclopedia of News Media Titans, Trends, and Controversies [2 volumes] PDF
Best encyclopaedias books
Gang tradition is without doubt one of the so much risky concerns to have impacted youth all through background and world wide. via targeting the fictitious illustration of adlescent gangs, this paintings offers a different viewpoint on an all-too-real phenomenon and its many manifestations. equipped chronologically and topically, the quantity starts with a strong essay tracing the origins and advancements of stripling gangs, from the early days of the Wild West to immigration gangs in nineteenth- and 20th-century the USA and the Twenty chapters, each one brought with a chief rfile, absolutely discover the different sorts of gangs, picking out their time, position, struggles, and demographic personality.
Teenagers are inquisitive through nature. they're without end fascinated with the realm round them and wish to understand extra approximately it. even though they've got textbooks for his or her reference, nonetheless they could by no means quench their thirst for wisdom thoroughly. Encyclopedias are in particular designed to bridge this hole. they assist to nurture the hidden Albert Einstein or Marie Curie within the kids.
This 3rd quantity within the SAGE sequence on eco-friendly Society lays out the contours of the sector of agri-food stories. It attracts on students operating within the fields of political ecology, rural sociology, geography, and environmental experiences to color an image of the prior, current, and way forward for agriculture and foodstuff.
This valuable source presents a finished ancient and demographic assessment of yank Indians in addition to greater than a hundred cross-referenced entries on American Indian tradition, exploring every thing from arts, literature, song, and dance to nutrients, relations, housing, and spirituality. • Serves to rfile what percentage attributes of local cultures derive from a wealthy tapestry of yank Indian cultural kinds, reminiscent of very famous meals like corn, potatoes, turkey, peanuts, and chocolate• contains quite a few spotlights that spotlight attention-grabbing issues resembling the Indigenous Language Institute, the kiva, counting coup, buffalo hunt customs and protocols, and Dakota language in rap song• deals extra readings and extra assets with the entries to lead scholars or readers of their learn
- The Structure of Evolutionary Theory
- The World of Ancient Rome: A Daily Life Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: A Daily Life Encyclopedia
- Air Transport in the 21st Century: Key Strategic Developments
- Zeit des Argwohns: de Gaulle, Israel und die Juden (German Edition)
Extra info for Covering American Politics in the 21st Century: An Encyclopedia of News Media Titans, Trends, and Controversies [2 volumes]
Covering American Politics in the 21st Century: An Encyclopedia of News Media Titans, Trends, and Controversies [2 volumes] by Lee Banville